Monday, July 2, 2007

Long run on Sunday in Garden of the Gods

Saturday, I went to BJJ class and then to conditioning class after. I was spent after conditioning class.

Saturday night the kids and I slept in the tent out in the backyard. It wasn't as bad as last time but my back kinda got tweaked. Then I went to Pioneer and got the last few flagstones for our front walk. Man those things are heavy. Went home and placed the stones where they need to be. Then it was just really really hot, so we went to the pool. Hung out at the pool for a while and a friend invited us over to their house for dinner. I realized that if I was going to run that I would have to do it right then.

So it was still kinda hot out but I ran anyway. I was supposed to run 10 miles but I only ended up running about 8.75 miles. I've discovered that while I really love trail running, the trail miles are a lot harder then the road miles. I'm thinking that my next long run will be on a flat trail instead of the hilly rocky stuff in Garden of the Gods.

My next run is on Tuesday morning. I think it will be a 3 or 4 miler.

No comments: